Who is Makasa?
Makasa is us, and we are Makasa: Selma Kamm-Melai, originally from the Netherlands, and Yohannes Ngomi Kamm, born and raised in Tanzania. The combination of our different cultures and backgrounds is quite unique. In any event, it adds to a very valuable experience for our travellers. Ngomi knows the country, he knows the Tanzanian people and he will introduce you to the finest that East Africa has to offer. With her European background, Selma has a special knack for planning and organizing, but most of all, she is in tune with the needs and wishes of westerners.
"We live in Tanzania ourselves and we do not engage the services of any intermediaries. We conduct all of our tours ourselves, using our own vehicles and with the assistance of experienced guides. We are deeply committed to contributing to Tanzania’s society, and we honour this commitment by cooperating closely with the local population and by including local projects and small-scale lodges in our itinerary suggestions. This approach ensures that you will get the real experience of what life in Tanzania is like while at the same time, we have the shared opportunity to give back to the community."
Makasa stands for:
• Tailor-made tours, that we design, plan, coordinate and execute together with you.
• Personal contact, both during the preparations and in Tanzania.
• Close cooperation, with the local population.
• Tour guides, whom we have personally selected and trained.
• Luxury safari vehicles, with open panoramic roofs, cooler boxes and window seats.
• No mileage limit. On safari days, you can drive as far as you like.
Take a look!
Do you want to know more about us and how we work? Take a look at the below links:
• An informative video about Makasa Tanzania Safaris.
• A personal video experience of one of our clients on safari with Makasa.
• Many reviews of our clients on Safaribookings.com and on TripAdvisor.